11.15.2. Cable of the emergency brake
Cables of the emergency brake (1983-91)
Cable of the emergency brake (1992-98) (on inserts – places of lubricant sealant 3M ATD (at the left) and lubricant 8513 SAE J310 NLGI N1)
1. Back brake
3. Regulator spring
5. Probe of a clamping spring of a block
7, 8. Spring
10. Block spring strut
Removal and installation
1. Lift the car and remove back wheels.
2. Remove drums (or disks).
3. Turn off a nut of a natyazhitel of a cable, disconnect a cable from a level of the equalizer and remove a guard.
4. Remove blocks of back brakes (see subsection 11.13.2, subsection 11.14) and disconnect a cable, having turned it a cap key with a section and having got from the holder on a board.
5. Get a cable from a brake board.
6. Remove brackets and arms of fastening of a cover of a cable to a body and remove a cable.
7. Installation is carried out upside-down.
8. At installation in a board of a brake turn a cable. Track that the holder's bracket on a board came into a cable cover groove, and the ledge of a cover was turned and recorded a cable.
9. Rotating an asterisk, establish diameter of blocks of 253-253,5 mm.