11.15.4. Blocks of the emergency brake
Drum and blocks of the emergency brake (1992-95) (on inserts – places of lubricant sealant 3M ATD 8513 (from above) and smazklysae J310 NLGI N1)
1. Back disk brake
3. Regulator spring
5. Clamping spring
7. Regulator of blocks
8, 9. Springs of blocks
11. Block spring anchor
Removal and installation
1. Lift a back part of the car and remove a wheel.
2. Remove a support, take aside and fix.
3. Remove a brake disk, having designated its situation on a half shaft.
4. Check a disk and a block.
5. Measure thickness of frictional material which has to be not less than 4,5 mm (a new block of 6,5 mm), replace a worn-out block.
6. Check the internal diameter of a drum of a disk which has to be no more than 198 mm, otherwise replace a disk.
7. Disconnect a regulator spring in the lower part of blocks.
8. Turn a cup, remove a clamping spring and the probe.
9. Remove the regulator of blocks.
10. Remove holders of a spring in the top part of a brake.
11. Remove a strut and a spring.
12. Remove a bracket, disconnect a cable and remove blocks.
13. Installation is carried out upside-down taking into account the following.
14. Grease all required places.
15. Correctly place springs of blocks, – the spring of the right (back) block of the emergency brake has distinctive coloring.
16. Install the regulator of blocks of the left wheel so that the hairpin of the regulator was turned towards a back part of the car, the hairpin of the regulator of blocks of the right wheel has to be turned forward.
17. Tighten bolts of fastening of a support with m 88 N.' moment. Adjust the emergency brake (see subsection 11.15).