11.15.1. Adjustment of a cable (1983-91)
Regulator of a cable of the emergency brake (1992-95)
CARS OF 1983-91.
1. Check and if necessary adjust a gap between blocks and drums.
2. Check the lever course, – at effort of 18,2 kgfs the lever has to move to 4–5 clicks and slow down completely the car.
3. If the number of clicks does not meet standard, then adjust a cable, having executed the following.
4. Release the lever and working under the car, tighten a cable, rotating a cable tension regulator nut.
5. Start the engine and idling include and release the brake lever, press several times a brake pedal.
6. Repeat this procedure until the automatic regulator works (is determined by click).
7. Check the lever course to a full zatormazhivaniye, if necessary adjust a tension.
8. Continue the procedure so far the course of the lever will not begin to meet standard.
9. Lift a back part of the car, release the lever of a brake and check freedom of rotation of wheels.
CARS OF 1992-98.
1. Check the lever course, – the lever has to move to 4–6 clicks to a full zatormazhivaniye of the car.
2. If the number of clicks does not meet standard, then adjust a cable, having executed the following.
3. Release a nut and weaken a brake cable.
4. Remove a cap in a board of a brake and part blocks, rotating a regulator asterisk through an opening (the disk should not rotate).
5. Turn off an asterisk on 3–4 teeth.
6. Rotating an adjusting nut, adjust the brake lever course. If the course of the lever is less than norm, then the excessive tension of a cable is the reason.
7. Be convinced of lack of a side play between a nut and a pin of the regulator of a cable.
8. Lift a back part of the car, release the lever of a brake and check freedom of rotation of wheels.