11.3. Adjustment of brakes
Adjustments do not demand.
Adjustment of drum brakes is required only when replacing blocks or malfunction of regulators of blocks.
1. For adjustment of a gap between blocks and drums remove drums.
2. Turn off an asterisk of the regulator of blocks until the outer diameter of blocks does not become equal 253,0–253,5 mm.
3. Dress drums and press several times a pedal of a brake and the lever of the emergency brake, – at the same time it has to be felt approximately identical "rigidity" of the lever and a pedal.
2. Rod lock-nut
3. Switch lock-nut
4. Braking signal switch
Adjustment of height of a pedal rotation of a rod
1. Check distance from a pedal to a body floor (a rug remove), which has to be 191–196 mm (1983-91) or 186–191 mm (1992-98).
2. Adjust pedal height, rotating a rod at the released lock-nuts of a rod and the switch.
3. Tighten a rod lock-nut, then establish a gap between an end face of the switch and a pedal of 0,5-1,0 mm and tighten a switch lock-nut.
4. Check a free wheeling of a pedal, having pressed several times a pedal at the stopped engine and having measured the course to feeling of weakness in resistance which has to be 3–8 mm.
5. If the course is less specified, check adjustment of the switch if it is more, check wear of an axis and the lever of a pedal.
6. Start the engine, press a pedal with effort 50 kgfs and measure distance from a pedal to a floor which has to be 95 mm (1983-91) or 100 mm (1992-98).
7. If this distance is more specified, then air hit, leak of liquid or breakage of the regulator of blocks are the reasons.