11.14.1. Replacement of blocks
On the most part of cars the indicator of wear of blocks is provided. If when using of brakes characteristic squeal sounds, then check wear of blocks. If the indicator adjoins to a brake disk, then blocks should be replaced.
Residual thickness of blocks can be checked through a window in a support, for more detailed survey (uniformity of wear on the planes and checks of a state) blocks should be removed. Extreme residual thickness of blocks is 2,0 mm.
1. Lift a front of the car and remove a wheel.
2. Remove a part of liquid from a tank.
3. Turn away the lower finger, cast away a support and fix. Do not allow removal of protective lubricant of a finger of a support, or hit of dirt on it.
4. Remove blocks, plates and brackets, remember an arrangement of these details.
1. Drown the piston in the support cylinder by means of a clamp, watching liquid level in a tank (at installation of new blocks the piston should be taken away on considerable distance).
2. Establish plates, brackets and new blocks in a former order. If the top and lower brackets are provided, then they should be replaced together with blocks.
3. Establish a support, a wheel and lower the car.
4. Press a pedal several times that blocks nestled on a disk.
5. Check liquid level, if necessary add.
6. Start the engine and again press several times a brake pedal, check rigidity of a pedal.
7. At the first 15 km of a run with new blocks avoid sharp braking.