10.2.4. Lower spherical support
Check on the car
1. Lift a car front.
2. Disconnect the lower support (see below).
3. Screw a support nut.
4. Check the moment of resistance to a support provorachivaniye which has to be 1,01–3,39 N. in m.
5. If the moment stated above, replace a support if it is less, the support can be used, but provided that the support rotates without jammings.
Check after removal from the car
Check a side play of the support clamped in a vice. If the side play exceeds 0,5 mm, then replace a support.
Removal and installation
1. Lift a front of the car and remove a wheel.
2. Remove the lower lever (see subsection 10.2.7).
3. Turn off bolts and nuts and remove a support.
4. Installation of a support is carried out upside-down.
5. Tighten bolts and nuts of fastening of a support with 54–74 N.' moment of m (1983-91) or 81 N. of m (1992-98). Tighten a nut of a support with m 120–180 N.' moment.
6. Proshpritsuyte a support through a butterdish.
7. Adjust clearance (see subsection 10.2.1) and the angles of installation of wheels.