10.4.5. Steering column
Steering column (1983-98)
1. Lower facing
2. Air duct cover
3. Button of a sound signal
4. Safety cushion module
6. Lower casing of a column
7. Top casing of a column
8. Lock of blocking of a shaft of a wheel
10. A cable of blocking of a key (on the car from the automatic transmission)
11. The cable handle (on the car from the automatic transmission)
13. Steering column
Before works take the measures excluding operation of a safety cushion.
1. Disconnect the battery from weight.
2. Remove both casings of a steering column, disconnect wires and take aside.
3. Remove the ignition lock (if it is provided by a design).
4. Remove the lower air duct of a heater.
5. Disconnect wheel column wires.
6. Remove the lock of ignition and blocking of a wheel, remove the switch of the reminding signal.
7. Disconnect a brake pedal spring on a column.
8. Turn off a wheel shaft collar bolt, bolts of fastening of a cover to the floor panel, bolts of fastening of an arm of a column and remove a column.
9. At installation enter a column shaft into the steering mechanism, check correctness of installation of a column and tighten column bolts with m 22 N.' moment.
10. Establish all removed details upside-down.
12. Attach wires.
13. Tighten a wheel shaft collar bolt with m 29–34 N.' moment.
14. At installation of a column not to turn off and not to release this bolt.
15. Wrap bolts of fastening of a cover on sealant.