3.5.1. Removal and installation of the engine
Arrangement of number of the engine on the diesel engine
1. Engine type
2. Serial number
Removal and installation of the diesel engine with transmission
2. Cable of management of gas
3. Returnable hose, hydraulic system of steering
4. Pressure head hose, hydraulic system of steering
5. Air hose (a) of the diesel engine, (b) of the turbodiesel engine
6. Protective pallet of the engine
7. Protective pallet
8. Top facing of a radiator
10. Lower facing of a radiator
11. Cable plait
12. Hoses of the oil heater
13. Vacuum hose of the hydraulic booster of the brake system
14. Heater hoses
15. Heat-shielding screen
16. Hose of high pressure, conditioner
17. Hose of low pressure, conditioner
18. Protective pallet of the transfer case
19. Masloslivny stopper of transmission
20. Masloslivny stopper of the transfer case
21. Back driveshaft
22. Forward driveshaft
A = 18–25 Nanometers
B = 10–13 Nanometers
With = 30–35 Nanometers
D = 30–35 Nanometers
E = 8–11 Nanometers
F = 3–5 Nanometers
The engine is removed together with the transmission. In the drawing the details which are subject to removal are presented to the sequences of their dismantle. At the description of works are instructed only on the working operations connected with removal of details.
1. Open a cowl of a motor compartment. Merge cooling liquid. The drain stopper is from the lower party of a radiator. The second stopper is screwed in the block of cylinders.
2. Outline a pencil contours of loops of a cowl of a motor compartment and turn off bolts of fastening of a cowl on loops. Remove a cowl with the assistant and postpone it to the protected place.
3. Disconnect and remove the accumulator.
4. Disconnect a cable of management of gas from the fuel pump of high pressure.
5. In the presence of the hydraulic booster of steering disconnect returnable and pressure head hoses. Lower hoses in the substituted vessel for liquid discharge.
6. Remove an air hose.
7. Put the forward party of the car on supports. Remember that car weight considerable, and supports have to be rather strong to maintain this weight. The soil has to be rather firm that supports did not drown in the soil. Unscrew protective pallets from the forward party of the car.
8. Remove the top facing of a radiator, a radiator and the lower facing of a radiator.
If automatic transmission is established, before removal of a radiator disconnect hoses of the oil heater. In the presence of the radiator which is soaked up air disconnect its supplies. Substitute under transmission a vessel for discharge of the following liquid.
9. Disconnect a cable plait from the engine.
Disconnect all other cables from the engine as follows: on the left side of the engine disconnect a wire of mass of the engine and a cable of a starter; disconnect wires from the fuel pump of high pressure (it is specified by an arrow) and incandescence candles (sockets are specified by an arrow).
10. If the conditioner is installed, disconnect a cable of the temperature switch (near a water drain stopper) and switch-off the socket of the electromagnetic coupling.
11. On the right side of the engine disconnect a plait of wires of the generator of alternating current. Disconnect a weight wire from the lower party of the filter and from sensors of the switch of pressure of oil and the measuring instrument of pressure of oil.
12. Disconnect hoses of the oil heater. Previously it is necessary to merge oil.
In order to avoid hit of oil close the disconnected hoses and openings in the engine the corresponding traffic jams.
13. Disconnect a vacuum hose from the hydraulic booster of the brake system.
14. Disconnect heater hoses from places of connection on a partition of a motor compartment.
15. Unscrew the protective pallet of the transfer case under the car. Substitute one vessel under the transmission, and the second under the transfer case and turn out both masloslivny stoppers. Completely merge oil and again wrap traffic jams. Moment of an inhaling of traffic jams from 30 to 35 N of m.
16. Turn off flange fastenings of back and forward driveshafts.
17. If on the engine the hummock winch is installed, remove a power shaft, the forelock and a cable of switching.
18. Turn off a flange of a forward pipe of the muffler from a final collector.
19. Disconnect the flexible roller of a speedometer, wire of the switch of lamps of a backing and a plait of wires of a control lamp of the all-wheel drive.
20. Unscrew the executive cylinder of the drive of coupling from the transmission, without disconnecting hoses. Fix the cylinder by a wire from the lower party of the car, at the same time do not allow a hose tension.
21. Remove a cross beam of the engine. At first turn off engine mount bolts, and then turn off the lower bolts of fastening of a cross beam. At the same time it is necessary to prop up as appropriate the engine and the transmission, otherwise after release of a cross beam the back party will fall. Turn off a plate.
22. Raise the transmission and the transfer case a roller jack and remove a bracket of a suspension bracket and a rubber support of the transfer case. After that turn off a side plate. Turn off a suspension bracket bracket from the transfer case (shooters specified bolts of fastening of a bracket of a suspension bracket of the transfer case).
23. Remove the switching lever from the transmission.
24. Remove fuel hoses and the fuel filter (shooters specified connections on the fuel filter). Open a stopper of the fuel tank to dump pressure in the fuel tank. In order to avoid hit of dirt insert screws of the corresponding diameter or the corresponding traffic jams into hoses.
Separate the condensate availability indicator wire socket.
25. Turn off bolts (are specified by shooters). At the same time the locking hook of a cowl of a motor compartment and a connecting plate are released (it is specified by an arrow)
26. Pick up the engine and the transmission loops of cables and chains to a polyspast or the crane. You remember engine weight. Loops of cables or a chain arrange on the engine so that the engine was inclined by the forward party up, and the transmission hanged down down.
27. Raise the power unit so to unload engine mounts and to turn off bolts. Remove engine support from suspension bracket brackets.
28. Slowly pull out the power unit from a motor compartment. At the same time constantly you watch that wires, hoses or tubes were not hooked, and also to find not disconnected connections. If the transmission gets stuck in steering drafts, it is necessary to carry out the transmission from the lower party of the car over drafts.
29. After removal of the power unit the transmission can be separated from the engine. For this purpose remove a starter and turn off the bolts connecting the transmission to the engine. Take away the transmission from the engine in horizontal position, without loading with box weight its main shaft as it can be damaged or bent by the conducted clutch plate.
30. Before installation of the engine and transmission check all engine mounts.
Rubber support with cracks and other damages have to be replaced. The same treats also soft support of the engine.
31. Check absence of damage, cracks and rushes of fuel hoses, hoses of a heater and water hoses. In most cases damages are observed in places under fastening collars which are often very badly noticeable, even when the collar is removed.
32. Check absence of damage, cracks and rushes of fuel hoses, hoses of a heater and water hoses. In most cases damages are observed in places under fastening collars which are often very badly noticeable, even when the collar is removed.
33. Installation of the engine is made in the return sequence.
34. At installation connect the engine and the transmission bolts and establish a starter. And here you remember that it is impossible to load with box weight its main shaft at connection of the transmission. Tighten bolts till the ordered inhaling moment.
35. Lower the engine with the transmission in a motor compartment, establish support of the engine and lower the weight of the power unit on engine support. Tighten bolts till the ordered inhaling moment.
36. Connect forward and back driveshafts.
37. Fill in in the transmission and in the transfer case the ordered amount of oil. Filling capacities are specified in tables of adjustments and the sizes. It is necessary to consider that in the presence of the winch in the transfer case more oil has to be filled in.
38. Connect conditioner hoses. After work it is necessary to put the conditioner under pressure.
39. Establish a radiator and fill in cooling liquid.
40. Connect pressure head and returnable hoses of hydraulic system of steering and remove air from system.
41. Connect and adjust a gas cable.
42. Put a cowl of a motor compartment, having exposed loops on the tags made at removal a pencil, and tighten bolts of loops. Check how the cowl of a motor compartment is closed.
43. At connection of a forward pipe of the muffler to a final collector replace laying.
44. After installation of the engine fill in in it the ordered amount of oil.
Start the engine and check lack of leak of cooling liquid, fuel and oil.