8.1.1. Mechanical fuel pump
Mechanical fuel pump of the engine of 2,0 l
1. From the filter
4. Union of the return fuel pipe
5. To the carburetor
Mechanical fuel pump of the engine of 2,6 l
1. Union of the return fuel pipe
2. To the carburetor
3. From the filter
Is established on all cars with 4-cylinder engines. The pump is mounted with a side on a head of cylinders. The drive of the pump is carried out from the clown of a cam-shaft through a pusher or the lever.
Removal and installation
1. Disconnect the battery from weight. Shoot the air filter (with parts of cars).
2. Expose the piston of the 1st cylinder in compression step VMT. For this purpose turn the crankshaft clockwise before combination of a tag on a pulley or an uspokoitel with inflow on the block of cylinders. Remove a valvate cover and check springs of valves of the 1st cylinder. If both springs or at least one are compressed, then turn the crankshaft on 1 turn. If yokes rock, then the piston of the 1st cylinder is in compression step VMT.
3. Disconnect fuel hoses.
4. Turn off bolts and remove the pump, a pro-rate, laying and a pusher.
5. Installation is carried out upside-down. Tighten pump bolts with m 16 N.' moment.
Check on the car
1. Disconnect on the pump a hose from the filter and connect the vacuum gage.
2. Disconnect a wire of the coil and ask the assistant to include a starter.
3. At each course of the clown in the vacuum gage has to show considerable depression, without sharp jumps. If jumps or small depression are observed, then replace the pump.
Check of the removed wheel
1. Replace the pump in case of leak of fuel or oil through an opening in the top part of the case.
2. Check a condition of an end face of a pusher or the persistent surface of the lever. At detection of wear of an end face uncover and check a condition of a surface of the clown of a cam-shaft. In case of strong wear of an end face from the pump replace a pusher and the pump.